Monday, June 20, 2011

Naya Rivera of 'Glee' talks about upcoming solo album, songwriting

Naya Rivera, who plays the fiery Santana on Fox's musical comedy series "Glee," is getting to work on her upcoming solo album.

The actress and the rest of the cast of "Glee" began a summer concert tour of the United States, the United Kingdom and Ireland in May. Rivera signed a record deal with Columbia Records earlier in the month and plans to focus on her solo album during the month of July.

"I won't have anything I'm working on until after the tour is over," Rivera told Entertainment Weekly. "So July 4th, when I get back home in L.A., is when I'll hunker down and spend that whole month hammering out the details and the creative process of that. I'm really excited about that."

The 24-year-old actress told the magazine that she would love to enlist some of her "Glee" cast mates to collaborate with her on the album but is still trying to figure out what direction she will go with the style.

"I know what I sound good on, and I know what I like to write," Rivera said. "I've been writing for years, so I have a catalog of songs that I've written over the years, and it's just a matter of getting with the right producers and other writers to develop the sound that is me."

Rivera got her start on the Eddie Murphy-produced CBS series, "The Royal Family" when she was 4-years-old. She also made appearances on "Family Matters," "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and "The Bernie Mac Show."

Fellow "Glee" cast-members Matthew Morrison and Mark Salling have also embarked on solo careers.

The "Glee Live! In Concert" tour includes cast members Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Amber Riley, Chris Colfer, Kevin McHale, Jenna Ushkowitz, Mark Salling, Dianna Agron, Naya Rivera, Heather Morris, Harry Shum Jr., Chord Overstreet and Darren Criss. The 16-city tour kicked off on May 21 in Las Vegas, check out the full list of cities here.

A concert documentary shot during the summer tour entitled "Glee Live! 3D!" is slated for release in theaters nationwide on August 12, 2011.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Naya-Rivera-of-Glee-talks-about-upcoming-solo-album--songwriting/8197262

Should be interesting.
Music Heaven

No comments: