Thursday, June 16, 2011

Christina Aguilera's Awful Year, Explained By Christina

It has been anything but a stellar year for one time teen queen, Christina Aguilera.

It's been mishap after mishap for months now, first with her album 'Bionic' flopping, then in October, when news first broke that she and husband of five years, Jordan Bratman had split -- from then on it was a downward spiral no one saw coming. Now, the 'Beautiful' songstress is finally talking, addressing each and every unfortunate incident.

'The Voice' judge opens up in the July issue of W magazine, reliving her most disastrous moments from the last year and giving her side of the story.

Aguilera explains, "Sometimes, especially in the last six months, I still feel like going to the window and singing out all my troubles. I laugh a lot lately. People expect me to cry, but I always laugh when things go wrong."

While the world was laughing and speculating about the singer, it seems she had a clear understanding of what was happening to her, one of the worst bad luck streaks, ever. She's picked herself up and dusted herself off, and now she is ready to set the record straight.

When W asked about her failed marriage, she was anything but subtle, hinting that both she and Bratman had been unfaithful: "At one time or another we were both not angels. It got to a point where our life at home was reminding me of my own childhood." She then declared, "I will not have my son grow up in a tension-­filled home. I knew there would be a negative reaction in the press to my divorce, but I am not ­going to live my life because of something someone might say. That goes against everything I sing on my records. I have to be myself."

Bad press about her divorce was the least of her troubles. It was not long before she was out in the public eye with another man, 25-year-old Matt Rutler. The pair met on the set of her disappointing film debut in 'Burlesque.' But a new man wasn't enough to give Aguilera a new start -- it wasn't long before she found her name back in the headlines, detailing her stumbles and unflattering accusations.

It was reported that she passed out in actor Jeremy Renner's bed, during his 40th birthday party. When Renner went into his room, he found her slurring her words, laying in his bed with Rutler rubbing her back. Aguilera's response to this story is simple, "At one point I sat on the edge of a bed. It was a guest room. But it only takes one person to start the negativity, and then everyone wants to hop aboard and continue the story."

It only snowballed from there. The pair made one of their first appearances as a couple at the Super Bowl in February, where Aguilera so famously flubbed the lyrics to 'The Star-Spangled Banner.'

"I got lost in the emotion of being there and I messed up the lyrics to the song." But from her reaction to the incident, she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously. "I went to dinner after the Super Bowl with Matt and I laughed about how I'd made myself into a Trivial ­Pursuit question: 'In 2011 what female singer flubbed the lyrics to the national anthem?'"

A few weeks later, her stumble on stage during the Grammys put her back in the headlines. Was she intoxicated, or exhausted?

"I know what everyone was saying," Aguilera said. "And during that Grammy moment, when I nearly collapsed, I was thinking, Are you kidding me? I've always been really good with my heels. Even pregnant, I could perform in heels. Note to self: Never wear a train onstage. My heel got caught in my train, and if it wasn't for Jennifer Hudson, who picked me up as I went down, I would have fallen to the floor. When it happened, it was just like, What else, God?! What else?! I threw my hands up in the air and started smiling, because what else could go wrong?"

She had become the butt of every late night joke and the next train wreck to keep an eye out for, but her involvement in the newest singing reality show sensation, 'The Voice,' might just be the boost she had been so desperately in need of.
Let's hope we can give this year's turnaround award to Aguilera.

http://www.popeater.com/2011/06/15/christina-aguilera-explains-awful-year/

Glad she's doing better.
Music Heaven

No comments: