Friday, June 24, 2011

David Guetta Wants to work with Gaga

David Guetta may not be a household name, but over the last two years his music has dominated many household stereos, and clubs, and coffee shops and pretty much any place music could be heard. If you're wondering how the Black Eyed Peas went from ripping off pop songs to writing the perfect pop song in 'I've Got A Feeling,' he's the man to blame. Dig Nicki Minaj's fresh house-flavored beats? That's Guetta, house music superstar.

"I don't come from pop music but I'm trying to create new pop music that I like, that fits my world," The DJ/Producer tells AOL Music. "I made lots of [dance] hits before with people who are not famous so I'm not obsessed by super famous people."

That being said, Guetta, who is set to release his star-studded fifth album, 'Nothing but the Beat' in August, has his eye on arguably the most famous musical person on the planet right now.

"Of course I'd want to work with [Lady] Gaga," he enthuses in his light french accent. "She's amazing."

If the Mother Monster would agree, she would stand in pretty good company. Along with will.i.am, 'Nothing but the Beat' will also feature the vocal talents of Snoop Dogg, Akon, Jennifer Hudson, Sia, Timbaland, Dev and Guetta's favorite vocalist, Usher.

http://blog.music.aol.com/2011/06/24/david-guetta-nothing-but-the-beat/

No comments: