Saturday, June 4, 2011

Jessica Sutta interview

The Pussycat Dolls are an international sensation with a string of pop/R&B/dance hits including "Don't Cha," "Buttons," and "Stickwitu." While lead doll Nicole Scherzinger has released a few solo singles, the dance world is focused on Jessica Sutta who has scored number one singles working with dance producers Paul Van Dyk ("White Lies"), Dave Aude ("Make It Last") and her first promo single for the album (I wanna be bad).

DJ Monza : So tell us about the album, how excited are you about it?
Jessica Sutta: I am extremely excited about this album, I have been working none stop producing this and making it happen. I live in the studio daily, I would write my own music and try to create a dance-inspired record with top music producers in the industry.

DJ Monza: How would you describe the sound of the album?
Jessica Sutta: Well, my friends calls it "True dance music". I try to add alternative rock, R&B with a little pop into this record. I want to show my fans and gain new ones. I have a feeling that this is my time to shine, not as a girl from pussycat dolls but a true musical, recording artist.

DJ Monza: Which is your favorite song?
Jessica Sutta: That's a tough one. I love them all. Well when I first released my promo single, "I wanna be bad" a lot of fans were shock by this song. I had fantastic feedbacks. It was a huge hit. People thought I can only dance for Nicole. (Laughed) Their words not mine.

DJ Monza: Speaking of Nicole, how do you feel about her becoming a judge on the x factor US?
Jessica Sutta: To be perfectly honestly with you, myself and Nicole haven't been in contact for awhile now. We had what we called a business relationship. It kind of ended when we stop working together. I have no bad feelings against her. She's an amazing singer.

DJ Monza: Are you trying to avoid the question?
Jessica Sutta: (Laughed) NO. I think she will make a great judge.

DJ Monza: What do you think of Cheryl Cole?
Jessica Sutta: Who?

DJ Monza: She was replaced by Nicole on the x factor.
Jessica Sutta: Honestly though, I haven't been following the news lately. I've been trying to get this album done in time for this year, maybe early next year.

DJ Monza: Tell us more about the album, any featured artist?
Jessica Sutta: Talking about featuring, I have been in contact with many top singers right now. I'm signed to Hollywood records just recently. I wanna make sure that this album will go out with a bang.

DJ Monza: Can you give us some name?
Jessica Sutta: My label has been sending details to Gaga's team for some of the songs that I wrote. I used to work for Interscope records, with the PCD, so we're trying to make it happen. As of now, nothing has been heard from her team.

DJ Monza: Would you consider a duet with Nicole?
Jessica Sutta: Who knows..

Music Heaven

1 comment:

Daniel Paro said...

Jessica Sutta is the best. I truly can't wait for her solo album.