Saturday, June 21, 2014

Nicole Scherzinger: "I've scrapped five whole albums"

What's going to happen with 'Boomerang', Nicole?
"It's just going to remain a stand-alone single. In fact I did an entire album that belongs with 'Boomerang'. It had its own family. Unfortunately I don't know if those songs will ever be heard, but that's just part of it. I have probably five albums, and I wonder if the songs will ever see the light of day. Maybe one day I'll just release songs for my fans? I don't want to confuse people. You have to be in the moment, and we're going with the sound that is right now - fresh and new to us."

It must be quite hard working on an entire album just to let it go?
"Yes, I've been doing this for how many years now? And do you know how many songs I wanted to put out that never came out? I'm used to it. In fact, I'm very protective of my babies, so now if they're not ready and I know people might not quite get it, yeah, I guess I do hold them close to me and say it's just not the right time for them. I think a lot of artists are like that.

"We don't just record 12 songs, we have a catalogue of songs. I remember I was in Ne-Yo's catalogue once and was like, 'What is this song - this is beautiful. This song is epic'. I don't know if they'll ever see the light of day. Who knows - maybe they'll go to other artists?"


Full interview: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/interviews/a579359/nicole-scherzinger-interview-ive-scrapped-five-whole-albums.html

No comments: