Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shakira Was Meant To Be On "Give Me Everything"

Pitbull stopped by “On Air With Ryan Seacrest” on Monday to talk about his new album, touring with Enrique Iglesias, and why Shakira wasn’t on the smash single “Give Me Everything.”

Pitbull’s hit single “Give Me Everything,” featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack, and Nayer, reached #6 on the American Top 40 chart this past weekend.

Originally Pitbull asked Shakira to be a part of this collaboration, but she declined his offer.

“I hit up Shakira and said ‘Baby, I got a record I think is going to be a monster,’ she was going through some personal things,” Pitbull explains.

“She hits me back telling me ‘Anything you want, but not now.’ I said ‘No problem baby.’ So I send it off to Ne-Yo. Ne-Yo comes back and knocks it out of the park.”

Pitbull continues, “Then I hit her back once again and said ‘Look mama, I think this is really going to be a monster, I would love for you to be a part of it, if not cool.’ That is how it worked out. Because it gave my artist that is coming up now, which is Nayer, a great opportunity for her to come out and do what she’s doing. Everything happens for a reason.”

http://ryanseacrest.com/2011/06/27/pitbull-explains-why-shakira-did-not-sing-on-the-hit-single-give-me-everything-audio/

She should have jumped on that.
MH

No comments: