Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ke$ha: ‘I have 200 songs for my second album’

Ke$ha has revealed that she has written over 200 songs for the follow-up to her 2010 debut album ‘Animal’.

The ‘Tik Tok’ has also explained that her second album will see her traveling more in a rock direction, influenced by the likes of Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop and AC/DC.

“I have so many songs! Songs will leak and I don't even remember writing them. I've written about 200,” she told Digital Spy. "I'm writing constantly about all my crazy experiences across the world, so I have a lot of music I've already written. I haven't turned that material into a record yet, but it's definitely coming along."

When asked about the sound of the album, Ke$ha said the record would be “experimental”.

“I definitely want the next record to be experimental and I would love to play with all the different sounds of the music I listen to. I really want some dirty guitar and I wouldn't mind if there were elements of blues.”

"I've been playing a lot of guitar and so it's quite exciting to think about threading that into the new material and just making it better and better. I've been listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and probably the one CD I haven't taken out of my record player in a long time is Iggy Pop's 'The Idiot'."

Ke$ha will play this weekend's T In The Park festival before embarking on her own mini tour of the UK.

Should be exciting.
Music Heaven

No comments: