Friday, August 20, 2010

Demi Lovato confirms she was not apart of Selena's album

With so much talk that Selena Gomez's fellow Disney princess "Sonny With a Chance" star Demi Lovato may make an appearance on her forthcoming album, A Year Without Rain, fans of both the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star and the "Camp Rock 2" star may have been hoping that the two songstresses would get together for some funky pop-music collaboration.

So when MTV News caught up with Demi Lovato on Wednesday night at the "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam" premiere in New York City, we wanted to know if there was any truth to those rumors.

"No! It's not true," Lovato shared about the album, which is also said to have songs featuring Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus. "I think she's already finished with her album."

However, she didn't totally rule out ever working with Gomez, especially given that she's hard at work on her own album. "I don't know," she said about a possible collaboration.

Whether or not a Gomez-Lovato partnership does ever happen, she's still focused on her wish list of having Drake and Trey Songz on her new record. And she's looking forward to using her big voice on the R&B-influenced album.

"It's really nice to embrace it," she said. "I grew up singing R&B and then I grew up listening to rock, so it was kind of weird. But I'm kind of learning how to incorporate the two and I'm having a good time with it. ... I can put my vocal stylings on songs that are R&B and it showcases my vocals more than just singing really loud on a rock song."

this should be a interesting combination.

Music Heaven

No comments: