Friday, April 22, 2022

Okay I waited until Friday... Music Review The Saturdays What About Us

 Right off the bat the beat hooks you. I love the beat and tone of the group. The chorus kicks in and gets instantly stuck in your head. The song does have a bit of a reggae feel to it. Just overall a great song. Then there is a breakdown where we have a couple of vocal runs. And since this was in 2012-2015 there was a touch of dubstep in the breakdown. I will say in the breakdown the vocal effect they used was kind of annoying. Overall, I give the song a solid 8.5/10. However, there is a remix with Sean Paul and it kind of ruined the song for me and I give that one a 6.8/10. I understand why they went with him because he does have a reggae vibe and I just felt like he was not needed for the song, and he really didn't add anything to it imo.


Original 8.5/10

Reggae Remix 6.8/10

No comments: