Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Carrie Underwood Interview

Quote:
Carrie Underwood graces the February cover of Allure magazine. In it, she discusses family, follows up on her comments to the UK’s Independent supporting marriage equality, and talks about how she avoids wardrobe malfunctions. You can check out a slideshow of pictures and quotes from the interview at Allure.com. Here are some highlights:

In June, Underwood came out in favor of gay marriage. “As a married person myself, I don’t know what it’s like to be told I can’t marry somebody I love,” she told a British newspaper. She elaborates: “I’m in favor of acceptance,” she says flatly. “And I am a Christian person, and I do love the Lord, and I feel no matter who you are, what you believe, how you live your life, it’s not my place to judge. I don’t have that power. I don’t want that power. It’s my place to love and to show God’s love to other people, even if they don’t live a life like I live. So that’s where I’m coming from.”

Underwood takes her career seriously. “My mom had a job, and she also took care of us, and she also took care of Dad—I always saw her pulling triple duty, doing more than I ever felt like she needed to,” the singer recalls. “I made a promise to myself that it would be more of a team effort in my family someday. And because of that, I became more independent. But it was tough figuring out what kind of guy would work with what I did.”

Underwood is proud to say that “underneath every skirt, every dress, I’m wearing shorts. So that everyone in the world knows, if I ever fell down, nobody would get a peek at anything.” And usually the shorts are a different color from her onstage outfits, “so that everyone knows they’re not seeing my undergarments.” Grinning, she waits a beat. “So sad….”


Love every word she said.  I am starting to become a serious fan of hers.
MH

No comments: