Friday, November 2, 2012

Christina's New Billboard Interview

Christina Aguilera sees her upcoming breather from NBC's hit "The Voice" as an opportune time to spend time with family, reconnect with fans and, she says, play some tour dates in support of her new album "Lotus."

"It's very interesting, because it won't really in time be that much of a break," she told Billboard's Bill Werde backstage at last week's Film & TV Music Conference. "It'll barely allow me to sort of get back to my fans, maybe see them on the road, have some tour dates possibly."

She added that she's hoping "throw in a vacation" as a well during that time and be "able to have a moment to myself which is so important, and for my family, my son."

As previously reported by Billboard, Aguilera and fellow coach CeeLo Green are being replaced by Usher and Shakira for the fourth season of "The Voice" airing in the spring. After that, she'll be back in the big red chair for round 5 of the hit singing competition.

"It's a much-needed time though, because being out on the road and experiencing my fans, I'll also be able to come back a stronger coach," she said.

In the meantime, Aguilera is revving up to focus on "Lotus," which hits stores and digital on Nov. 13. She has bigger intentions than to just put out a good set of songs, however.

"I wrote and recorded a lot on this record that was made to hopefully inspire the next generation of vocalists," she told us. "Songs like 'Sing for Me.' Songs like 'Army of Me,' which is like a 2.0 'Fighter' if you will."

Aguilera makes special note of a new track called "Blank Page," which she describes as an "amazing ballad that reminds me of the emotional vulnerability yet empowerment feeling that you get from listening to say a 'Beautiful' from previous records."

She added, "My experience as a coach on 'The Voice' has really helped me dig deeper to find new inspiration because I almost feel like it's my responsibility to uphold a certain vocal standard."

Speaking of emotional artistry, Aguilera said she likes what she's heard by R&B newcomer Frank Ocean.

"He has more of a subtle record than most out there," she said. "I love his song Bad Religion. It's beautiful. It's one of those you're jealous it's not your song."




Source & Video: http://www.billboard.com/news/christina-aguilera-talks-voice-rest-lotus-1007997252.story#/news/christina-aguilera-talks-voice-rest-lotus-1007997252.story

No comments: