Thursday, November 18, 2010

Natasha Bedingfield doesn't like autotune


Natasha Bedingfield has revealed that she does not like songs that use Auto-Tune.

The singer, whose new album is called Strip Me, said that she avoided using any studio trickery on her new LP because she wanted to create songs without "gimmicks".

"I don’t put Auto-Tune on it. I don’t like that," she told Music Rooms quotes her as saying.

"That’s why the album is called Strip Me because it is pop music, it is still anthemic, structured songs but I feel like I am stripping it back from all the layers and the gimmicks - I’m doing it intentionally."

The 'Unwritten' star also revealed that she never planned to become a singer, admitting that she only ever intended to write songs for other artists.

She explained: "That was my aim. I was just going to write for other people. Every person I worked with was like ‘Oh, you should keep that for yourself - you should actually be an artist’. So at that point I did it really.”

Strip Me is released in the US on December 7.


I freaking LOVE her. I am so excited for this album.

1 comment:

remi online said...

she should tell kesha that..i think she would like to hear it...