Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christina is proud of Bionic and talks new album

Christina Aguilera has insisted that she is proud of her Bionic album.

The singer, whose latest record has sold less than half a million copies worldwide, said that its commercial failure was due to "promotional issues" and being forced to finish the record shortly after filming her new movie Burlesque.

"I was really proud of that record. I think there was a lot of promotion issues, coming from a standpoint of how everything resulted," she told Collider.

"I started recording that record before I went in to make the movie and, by the time I ended the movie and came out of it, I had to jump right into that record.

"By the time I was done with the movie, I was just a completely different person, and I had new things to say and new points of view."

The 'Beautiful' star also admitted that she is a "changed woman" since making the LP, and is keen to start work on a new album.

She continued: "Now, I’m in a place where I’m very much in an introspective state of mind, have a lot to say, and have grown leaps and bounds from that film.

"I’m a changed woman. So, I’m very much ready to actually make a new record. Nothing is ever a setback. If anything, it just motivates you for what’s next."



Christina Aguilera has revealed that her collaboration with rapper T.I. will be released as a single.

The 'Hurt' singer, who is currently promoting her new movie Burlesque, recorded the track with the hip-hop star shortly before he was sent to prison for 11 months for violationg his parole conditions.

"Yeah, he's now incarcerated in jail," she told Now Radio.

"I did a song with Alex The Kid, the producer, called 'Castle Walls'. It's probably going to be released as one of the singles off his upcoming album."

Discussing her own forthcoming record, she revealed: "I am very, very excited about that. Yeah, I am really looking forward to the next chapter in my life and really putting the new person I've become on record."



Bionic was and is a great album. To bad it flopped HARD. Hopefully her next album will do better.

Music Heaven

No comments: