Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gaga talks AMA Performance, Katy Controversy, Tour

Interview
http://soundcloud.com/gagadailyofficial/lady-gaga-on-carson-daly#t=0:02

Quote:
Lady Gaga called into AMP Radio for a quick interview with Carson Daly before jumping on a plane to Japan.

Gaga spoke about her Presidential scandal-themed performance with R. Kelly at this year’s American Music Awards, insisting that she hadn’t intended it to be a commentary on the recent 50th anniversary of JFK’s assassination.

“We were trying, actually, to steer the performance away from Marilyn, that was my attempt,” she said. “It’s really more just about any kind of scandal. I mean, there’s been lots of scandals in the White House, but you know, there’s scandals everywhere else, you know, in pop culture and celebrity life and so I was doing sort of a comment about this.”

Mother Monster has also spoken out to defend fellow pop star Katy Perry, who is being accused of being culturally inappropriate by some viewers who watched her geisha-inspired performance at the American Music Awards. Gaga was in the audience, but didn’t see things that way at all.

“Maybe it’s because unconditionally means you’re supposed to love no matter what and geishas are paid?” she pondered. “I think people are generally too sensitive and they should just leave her be, but you know, I’m not really the person to ask.”

Towards the end of the interview, Gaga hinted at a tour announcement next month. “I can’t wait to bring my tour back to America. We’re going to be announcing it very soon! I’ll make sure to call you, Carson,” she said. “I’m going on tour next year and we’re announcing something in December.”

No comments: