Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mandy Moore Give Details on 7th studio album

Mandy Moore has revealed that she has started working on her new album.

The singer and actress, whose last record Amanda Leigh was released in 2009, admitted that she has yet to finish the LP, but said it will be influenced by '70s guitar-driven music.

Discussing the LP in an interview with Digital Spy, she said: "I'm stuck in the '70s. I think it'll always have that kind of influence. Joni Mitchell, Todd Rundgren, Harry Nilsson, McCartney - that's the sort of stuff I'm really inspired and influenced by."

Asked if the project has a title, she admitted: "No, it's still too early. That always comes at the end for me. I can't go into having a collection of songs and already have a name for it."

On whether the album will continue to move away from the "Factory-line pop" of her earlier work, she said: "I hope so. Factory-line pop, I like that. Gosh, that's where I started as a kid when you don't have any creative input or input at all. That's what ends up happening. It's nice to have the control to make choices now.

"I'm not necessarily sure what it will sound like but I definitely have enough to write about."

Moore currently stars as the voice of Rapunzel in Disney's Tangled.

Should be interested. Can't wait.
Music Heaven

No comments: